Saree, six yards of gracefulness and Indian traditional values! It is so much more than just a piece of fabric. You automatically feel bound by the Indian cultural values and integrity once you wear it. And as a woman, it is your pride to own this fabric in your wardrobe.
No matter what kind of function or event you are headed to, just drape a saree along your body, and you will slay like no other. The grace, the style, the beauty, and the unique way these yards of clothes cling to your curves make them the most fabulous dresses to flaunt. Be it in a traditional red shade or simple sexy black, the slender pink or sky mimicking blue, the sexy chiffon material or pure cotton sarees show off their awesomeness in all the shades. And the varied ways to drape it – makes it even more versatile and trendy fashion. Well, regardless of the trends, seasons and weather going on outside, you can always spruce up your casual and party look wearing a saree. So, let’s see which are the best ones that you should definitely have in your wardrobe.
- Kalamkari Saree –Coming straight from the State of Andhra Pradesh, Kalamkari Saree is an artistic blend of designs and patterns. The Kalamkari Saree need not be limited to only one fabric or material. But the natives consider it as a canvas and tend to portray the best visuals on any kind of material such as cotton, silk, tissue, etc. You will find unique prints like musical instruments, floral designs and even geometrical figures or traditional items on these sarees, and overall, this adds charm to its appearance.
- Bandhani Saree –Bandhani refers to a pattern of many tiny dots in the contrasting shade on a dyed material. This style is the pride of Gujarat and Rajasthan regions and one of the most trending patterns in the country. Though you get traditional dress material for kurtis and salwars in Bandhani, too, they look fabulous as a saree. You can just have the Bandhani prints on a cotton saree and still enjoy a graceful personality. With clumsy fabric like chiffon and silk, it seems more captivating.
- Paithani Saree –Want to look remarkable and stunning? Try the very rich Paithani Saree originating from the natives of Aurangabad in Maharashtra. This saree has everything that you can call heavy yet inviting. The dazzle of zari, the pure, rich thread work, and some glitter of golds in vibrant colours make it even more enriching. You can bet you will look totally classy and elegant in this expensive but alluring saree.
- Kerala Kasavu Saree – one of the most sophisticated representatives of the pure cotton sarees is the Kasavu variant is emerging from Kerala. This one mostly has a rich border of gold or cream on a traditionally white coloured fabric. But don’t assume it is limited to only this pattern. (Though it is the most traditional one). You can find these in all kinds of glittery prints and stamped patterns, and women from all over India love to flaunt them in formal events and festivals.
- Kanjeevaram Pattu Silk Saree – How can we not talk about the very famous Kanjeevaram Silk Saree when it’s about this must-have attire in your wardrobe? You might already know it is one of the most delicate fabrics that shine like gold. It is available in various dazzling shades and lots of patterns and designs. Will you believe us if we said this fabric is blended with some amount of gold and silver in it?
Basically, if you are a saree lover and intend to look glamorous, stunning and admirable, your wardrobe requires all of these variants in it. But, since you are collecting the variants, don’t forget the famous Madhurai pure cotton sarees, Chanderi sarees, Mysore Silk Saree and lots more coming straight from the different but culturally rich states of India.