A native Indian based delicious vegetarian dish, chhole bhature is quite famous internationally too . Because of the tastiest dish made from chickpeas and healthier too , this dish is tried using various recipes worldwide. I have here the basic easy way of preparing this delectable delicacy the Indian way.
For preparing chhole ,
Half kg . Chickpeas (chhole )
2 medium sized onions
3 medium sized tomatoes
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds a little
Kadi leaves 3 – 5
Cumin (jeera ) powdered half teaspoon
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder or dried spiced powder.
One limes juice
1 teaspoon gram flour .
– soak the chickpeas overnight or else atleast 5 hours .
– boil them with some salt .
– chopp the onions and tomatoes finely .
– heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and kadi leaves let it crackle .
– add the onions and sauté till the onions turn light pink.
– add the tomatoes along with salt , chilli , coriander , cumin and spiced powder and let it simmer for sometime.
– add the lime juice and the chickpeas.
– Mix the gram flour with a little water to make a paste and add to male some gravy. You may add some water for adjusting the consistency your way .
– garnish it with finely chopped coriander .
Now serve it hot the bhature and relish a healthy meal with your family.