<a href=”https://www.indiblogger.in/post/top-5-south-indian-cuisine-restaurants-in-mumbai” title=”Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers”>
<img src=”https://cdn.indiblogger.in/badges/235x96_top-indivine-post.png” width=”235″ height=”96″ border=”0″ alt=”Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers”/>
Mumbai foodies are insane! They tend to crave for all types of food anytime and anywhere. From North Indian to South Indian, from continental to Italian, they just want to satisfy their cravings at the immediate moment possible. Just a minute of search on social media or google apps, and there they are off to their favorite food destinations within minutes and savoring their favorite delicacies. That’s where the need of listing some authentic places serving one of those types of cuisine, the South Indian cuisine arises. Hence, here comes a precise yet complete guide that gives you the perfect knowledge of the five best authentic South Indian food serving restaurants across Mumbai. These places are personally reviewed, revised through public reviews and opinions, approved by food experts and have been passed on through word of mouth of extreme foodies and experts!
An exotic chain of restaurants opened around Mumbai namely at Mahim, Bandra and Andheri, this is one of the best places to taste exact South Indian cuisine. For seafood lovers especially, this ones a treasure. From elegant and comfy ambiance that depicts some rich cultural heritage proves straight from South India to the dress code of waiters in their customized lungies, everything here takes you to a tour to the Southern part of India. The prominent feature of this place is that everything they serve has a certain yet perfect touch of coconut in it which automatically gives the food a yummy yet southern touch!
● Fish tawa fry- Delightful Rawas fried to extreme with spices and tastes heavenly.
● Corri ghassi- Rich yet thick coconut gravy especially a specific type served in prawns or chicken.
● Chicken chetttinad- Gravied well, spicy soft chicken which is the most unique type of gravy you could have.
● Soul kadhi- A typical South Indian specialty drink which contains a hint of kokum making it pleasant and spicy sour to drink.
With the most courteous staff to welcome your presence and a fabulously rich menu consisting of some delicious treats from South India, Thangabali charges just 1000/- for a couple(approximately).
Gughan supreme South Indian restaurant!
So, you’re a pure vegetarian and just love South Indian food a lot! Or you are based from South India and feel entirely homesick and searching like crazy for your typical Mum’s delightful tasty food served with all the love and care in a blissful homely ambiance and not to forget in the most basic, yet hygienic way! Well, you just have to knock the huge wooden doors of Gughan supreme South Indian Veg Cuisine, the one place that is regionally sourced, serves clean, wholesome food which is nutritionally rich and prepared in the most traditional, basic way without any preservatives or taste-makers. Located at the heart of Marine drive at South Mumbai, this place guarantees to satisfy not just your hunger, but also your cravings for a good, blissful food. From the century old wooden inheritance to cultural bounties of South, you could feel stepping in to your hometown just once again as you step in. The food they serve are prepared in the most basic format and tastes just like the most authentic South Indian way it should be tasting. All the love and southern spices that gets infused in the cooking results in some excellent and scrumptious soul food that satisfies your taste buds at it’s best.
● Their Tamilian Ethnic Banana Leaf Thali, served with 20 food items, is one basic meal offered that covers their entire southern feel and gives you the pure Southern feast feel as you devour the delicacies offered in it!
● Ghee Milaghapodi Idli is one of their highest selling type of idlies that consists of the granny’s purest ghee essence on the softest idlies along with home made type gunpowder prepared in most basic and natural way.
● Ghee Madras Onion Dosa is another of their crispy huge dosa embossed with basic South Indian onions and tasty masala.
● Biryani- The one dish that’s extremely unique with small sized rice engulfing the spices in it and giving it the desirable, special South Indian Biryani taste.
Other authentic South Indian offerings of theirs likes Payasam, Paniyarams (sweet and Savory), Pongal (Sweet &Savory), Rasam Vada, Iddiappam, Upuma, Dal Vada and more are evenly delightful and gives you the kick you need of the Southern satisfaction. Not to forget the very famous filter coffee and traditional sukku coffee for calming your throat and being the most beneficial for your tummy.
All these and more along with personalized attention and excellent hospitality is just around 350/- for a couple. Believe me, Gughan is the best you can get in a pocket friendly restaurant in Mumbai.
South High restaurant
Another one excellent serving restaurants in Mumbai located at Lower Parel and Malad, this can be called a high profile South Indian food serving restaurant in Mumbai. With striking ambiance, comfy crowd around and a lavish menu, you just would love the South Indian food served here. The staff all clad in their traditional way, the southern music to charm the environment and pretty paintings from there gives you the southern feel you crave for when you’re here. Their ambiance can be a driving factor for foodies here but foodies have also shown lot of love for the taste of dishes served here.
● Their South Indian thali is really good with lots of varieties to choose from and each of them differing yet yummy than another.
● Chicken bhatkali Biryani served with chilled Raita and papadam is worth trying with juicy chicken and yummy Biryani to taste.
● Kadipatta prawns is something that’s really going to redefine the taste of curry leaves and prawns in the most exciting way possible.
Their non vegetarian options are more preferable and tastier than the vegetarian ones but nonetheless, with just 1400/- for a couple, South high fits the bill quite fine.
Located at Malad West, this simple yet basic restaurant serving authentic South Indian delicacies, in pure vegetarian form is a budding place at Mumbai. The basic wooden furnishings and some imported mud straight from South gives it a typical homely feel when you’re here. For the food, they serve some exceptional varieties of South Indian delicacies in their own personalized way. In short, it’s a small and sweet place with huge and much to offer to foodies.
● Idli platter the most favorite of foodies here that consists of five different types of idli namely, Guntur milgapudi, schezuan, Manchurian and king idli. This platter lets you taste the diversity in their menu all cramped in a single plate.
● Schezwan chili dosa is worth having as with its spicy hot taste and thin crusted dosa, it leaves a tantalizing feel on your taste buds after having it. The ideal mixture of spices and south that’s worth having.
● Sheeras served here on a daily basis in unique new flavors daily are something that’s grasping a lot of attention among foodies too. The unique homely taste and softness of the sweet adds in to the deliciousness of it.
Though small yet serving some tasty vegetarian South Indian cuisines, Anna Rasoi can cost you just around 400/- for a couple.
Located at the heart of Andheri, this place has a typical South Indian touch in interiors but the traditional way of serving the food in a huge banana leaf adds in to the charm of the restaurant. Though simply lit and decorated, it still passes on the southern vibes in the ambiance of the restraurant.
Their food is genuinely Southern in basic and tastes exceptionally well. They have been in talks because of lot of praises carried for their delicious native, south Indian food.The variety in their menu is something that makes Banana leaf a place to visit on a regular basis in order to try out all of them.
● Mini idlies served over here have become a budding favorite among-st the locals because of its cottony soft texture and mild salty taste.
● Rajnikanth dosa is something that’s entirely unique, just like the name suggests. It’s hot, yummy and pretty happening.You’d definitely end up ordering it each time you visit the place.
● South Indian thali is one item in their menu that allows you taste all of the South with in one thali and is extremely heavenly to devour. The variety in this thali is something entirely exotic and lip-smacking.
Through years of its existence and being upcoming favorite of foodies and localities, banana leaf serves excellent South Indian cuisine in just 900/- for a couple.
These five South Indian restaurants are among the most favorite ones in their category and budding and blossoming each day even more striving to serve better delicacies and bringing out the traditional South Indian aromatic feel and taste in their food! For now, you can devour their heavenly offerings and enjoy the perfect south Indian food time and end your new year with joy, we will be back the next year to let you know more of such excellent outlets to win your soul, your heart, your taste buds! Bon appetite!