Standing Alluring with a distinct pride and pristine beauty at the northeastern border of India, Arunachal Pradesh is a hidden beauty unexplored by many but yet ravishing enough to be left untouched! The lush greens, free flowing prosperous river and the enchanting wind life sanctuaries are some of the best tourist places at Arunachal Pradesh! Do you know this unheard, untouched, almost virgin state of India is amongst Lonely planet’s top four regions in the world. The state kissed subtly by sun during the summers, having chilled and cosy winters and some well showering monsoons is full of Buddhist monasteries and delicately tattooed tribals. Bordered by Bhutan, China and Myanmar it has the charisma to mesmerise you with its picturesque hills and stunning nature in its full splendour! These snowy peaks and gathered greens are a break from those thickly cluttered tourist destination in other parts of India and can be the best destination to enjoy a vacation under the lap of nature hearing the lullaby of innocent, unheard birds! Apart from this, there can be tons of such amazing things to do in Arunachal Pradesh.
Place to visit at Arunachal Pradesh
• Pankang Teng Tso Lake — Having some enthralling beauty and surrounded by captivating lakes, Pankang Teng Tso Lake is one of the most renowned lake at Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh! Originated due to an Earthquake this lake is signified with a rush of pine trees around it and some even submerged under it peaking at certain corners. Visit here to glance at nature’s some most amazing magic!
• Namdapha National Park — This one’s the most popular wild life sanctuary in India having thick, distinct vegetation and various species of rare animals. You should hit this park to get a good glance at leopard, snow leopard, tigers, Himalayan bears and even wolves.
• Tawang War Memorial — Also called as Namgyal Chorten, this monument resembles the design of a huge stupa. Standing across the Tawang-Chu valley, it came into construction in the remembrance of the sacrifices made by the Indian soldiers. You can explore the museum in here when visiting the tourist places in Arunachal Pradesh that speaks volumes about the bravery of those soldiers through their guns and ammunitions secured here.
• Sela pass — The well known tourist attraction lying around 14000 feet above the sea level, this pass is known as one of the high altitude passes across the globe. Get to see those astonishingly ravishing snow clad mountains and view the sheet of frozen ice during winters on the sela lake.
• Tawang monastery — The second largest monastery of Asia is an example of perfection and one of the popular tourist places at Arunachal Pradesh. Founded centuries back it marks an exceptional present experience of over 300 monks and a magnetic visiting site for the curious tourists.
Things to do at Arunachal Pradesh
• Indulge in the Ziro music festival — A unique kind of a music festival having some rich music played at perfect beats. The most distinct feature of this festival is that no performer performs twice here and no beat is repeated after its played once!
• Go river rafting at kameng river —Go river rafting crazily here if you are here brave enough to beat the force of Kameng river and bear the chill in the temperature. Reach Seppa to start the journey and gaze at ancient forests and white sand beaches from here!
• Visit the incredible Mechuka valley —An unheard, unknown exotic beauty near the Tibetian border is a home of nearly four hundred years old Budhist monastery having some reserved statues of ancient monks safely.
• Go red panda spotting —Above we read about the unknown, rare animals being visible at the Nampadha national park. One more exciting thing you can do here is, spot a red panda amongst the cluster of those unidentifiable animals.
How to reach Arunachal Pradesh
Though unexplored, Arunachal Pradesh isn’t far from your reach! You can visit here catching direct flights from any metropolitan city to Tezpur Airport in Assam, which is around 260km away from here. Or simply catch a train to its capital Itanagar that is connected across all the major cities in India. You can even reach here through roadways through the vast clear roads connecting Nagaland, Meghalaya and other nearby cities.
Best time to visit
If you love chill in air, Arunachal Pradesh is covered with snow from November to March but you can’t explore all the tourist attractions properly during this period. Thus, the best period to visit here can be from April to May or around September to November.
Arunachal Pradesh is still a veiled bride awaiting its disclosure by many of those travel freaks. With stunning towns like Ziro, Roing, Bhalukpong, etc, you’ll certainly be spoilt for choices when visiting here! So, just jot down the above details, start packing and get set go to have a gripping time at Arunachal Pradesh!